Sunday, January 29, 2012

by the day.

photo by me. 

a few weeks ago, i picked one of my best friends up for a party. we both looked super cute but neither of us were really in the mood to walk into a party- especially one where we didn't know everyone attending and some amount of socialization would be forced upon us. (see this post)

we pulled up to the curb of rebecca's and just sat there for a second. the early january night air was nippy (read- don't wear thin shirts in january) and my truck was warm. we just sat and talked like best friends do. my ipod was on shuffle, and a song from so long ago came on. 

"feel the rain on your skin"

we remembered every word from that song from our childhood. don't ask me how. both of us had post break up blues and exboyfriends were sure to be in attendance. and so, we cranked that baby up as far as my poor truck's stereo would go, rolled the windows down and danced and sang like there was no tomorrow. needless to say, we weren't very cold after the first chorus ended. everyone walking towards the house stared at us like we were crazy people. but to be honest, it was exactly what we needed. 

"no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in. 
no one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips, 
drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with eyes wide open, 
today is where your book begins, 
the rest is still unwritten."

as the last notes faded, we got out of the car and decided to brave the throngs of people inside.
i had this weird feeling of nostalgia, and realized that my time at home with my best friends & my family is limited. i'm growing up so fast and it scares me. i'm counting down mere days until graduation and moving to logan in the fall. i say that i'm ready and excited, but moving away from home is scary. thats it, its just plain old scary. some of you might not feel the same way, but i'm going to miss my mom changing my laundry for me, going grocery shopping, paying bills.

the start of my life is literally just around the river bend. (sorry, disney reference. couldn't help it.) my emotions are clogged up to the max and i'm just trying to sort through them all. things will clear up in time.

but then, patience has never been my strong suit.

xoxo, 
jessica.

No comments: