Saturday, January 14, 2012

drench yourself with words unspoken.

day five. 
a photo of a favorite memory.


i was just another horse crazy fourteen year old girl. i never thought signing up to groom for the tigard high school equestrian team would end me up with butter. i'd ridden before, and my family had taken care of a couple of two year old tennessee walkers for a summer, but having my very own horse wasn't something feasible to me. dreamhorse.com became my favorite website. i'd always dreamed of having a paint mare, & i found a 12 year old that had tons of show experience and was labeled as beginner friendly. she was basically perfect in every way for me. and so, butterscotch & i became a team. [our anniversary is coming up :)]  this photo was taken on jan. 25 2009, the day we bought her. its definitely my favorite memory.

awww.
she's so dang cute.


1 comment:

jessica said...

Awwww, congratulations! As a lover of horses and riding, I can only imagine how unbelievable it was the day you bought her! I'm leasing a horse now, and can't wait for the day to own my own!

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/