Sunday, March 17, 2013

because i don't believe in giving up on people.


if you were going to ask me what my weaknesses are, you'd have to pull up a comfortable chair and be prepared to stay for a while. 

seriously. 

especially in the past few months, there have been times when i've told myself that i was going to make changes, and then find myself reverting, and it's the most frustrating thing to me. i mean honestly, it shouldn't be so hard to make changes in my life especially because i have such an amazing support system of friends, parents, grandparents & other family that are there constantly encouraging and believing in me. but it is hard. and it's a constant battle with myself. 

what i worry the most about is not having enough faith that one day, Heavenly Father will be able to change that & transform my weaknesses into strengths. but, i know that He gives us weaknesses for a reason, and if He won't give up on me, someone who is so imperfect it hurts, then why would i give up on anyone else? some days, you're gonna feel like nothing is going right and it's not even worth it to try, and i know exactly how you feel, because i feel the same way a lot of the time. and it's okay. one day, after all the trials and conflicts, it's gonna be alright. i promise. 

we are human. 
we're stupid, impulsive, crave instant gratification, and temporal. but, we're also wonderful, incredible, beings that have amazing potential to become just like our Father. and i think that's awesome.

nobody is a hopeless case. if Heavenly Father's not going to give up on you, than neither am i. 

xoxo
jess:)

1 comment:

Carole said...

You are so right my brave girl! Love you and your words of wisdom.